Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Two for the Effort of One

"I love deadlines. I love the whoosing sound they make as they fly by."
                                                               --Douglas Adams

I love this quote--but I also really hate missing deadlines. I have posted once a week on on my professional blog ( Teaching with Joy and Purpose )since starting it this past summer, which was my goal. Only the past 2 weeks I've been late. Last week, I didn't post until Monday--the start of a new school week. This week....well, until just a few minutes ago, I hadn't posted for last week yet. WHOOSH!

Tonight while I was trying to come up with a slice (can't quit now--so close to the end!), I got a text from a friend. She was suggesting that I add a link on this blog to my professional blog. I wasn't sure at first, but then realized that maybe, just this once, I could get two for the effort of one.

So here goes...if you want to see what I was thinking about in my professional life tonight, you'll have to check out my post. :)

4 comments:

  1. You inspire me. There is NO way I could do two blogs. I've tried to pull together part professional and part slices. My writing gas tank is on empty. My grandson is here and I even used your idea of telling him, "You're up." I didn't get much though. Then I thought I could confess my hidden secrets. Loved that post by the way. It's worst than cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend must be brilliant! Mwaahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth, I have so enjoyed reading your posts, and this latest 'professional' post was so inspiring. What I really want to do is copy it & share with my entire staff. You are so right about what we ask students to do, but that's exactly why teachers should be writing with their students, then they will all be able to share all the parts of being a writer, truly. Thanks for all your words, the laughter too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a wise choice to use this reflection for both blogs. You seem to be at such ease with the words. Like you, this SOL experience has helped me to understand my students better. And myself.
    Keep writing,
    Terje

    ReplyDelete