Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sounds on a Quiet Saturday

Saturdays are not generally quiet here, but today was. It was a much-needed change from the usual pace. If you listened closely in our house this afternoon, you could hear...

the rhythmic churning of the washing machine from behind the laundry room door,
basketball games, one after the other, playing softly on tv,
the pages of books turning,
birdsong from the tangled branches of the shrub outside the window,
the deep breathing of someone napping,
soft tapping on computer keys,
the muffled rumble of cars passing by but not stopping.

7 comments:

  1. That sounds just like my house (if you replace basketball with soccer and add a gurgling fish tank filter)! I never thought about the way those sounds layer to form the background of my day. They are so familiar to me now that you have put a name on each of those sounds with your descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you had a relaxing day. Hopefully you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And don't you love the birdsong we're hearing? (birdsong- love it) Spring is coming! Sounds like you're feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a good Saturday! I love the specific details and descriptions you gave. I could imagine it clearly in my head! :) --jee young

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had the chance to slow down and listen to the everyday sounds of life. Hope you're all feeling much better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post! This sounds like the perfect Saturday. I love this soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to be able to have time to listen. The sounds are good accompaniment to a relaxing day, before spring arrives!

    ReplyDelete