Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My mother is reading my slices

Last night I found out my mother is reading my slices (hi Mom).

She and Dad called on their way home from a trip to find out how we've been doing (thanks Mom) because she read the slices about the plague that has brought us to our knees around here.

It got me to thinking about my other slices--is there anything in them I wouldn't want my mother to read? Nope (don't worry Mom, you raised me to know better). I was surprised to learn she was reading them and glad to know she's enjoying them.

Hopefully the plague will end soon and I can slice about something else so Mom doesn't lose interest. For now though, this is a short post--my mom told me to get lost of rest ('nite Mom).

9 comments:

  1. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE BLOGGING. And now I feel really pathetic for my slice tonight.

    Take care of yourself & feel better soon.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Until I joined the "slicers" I think my mother was the ONLY one to read my posts! lol But I always knew I could count on a positive comment! And her name is Ruth! Mom's are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the comments to your mom in parentheses. Too funny! Now you have me wondering if my mom is reading my blog from a quiet distance...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ruth's mom! (Maybe she's reading the comments as well...) Yet another entertaining post, despite the ongoing illness. Chat soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny, & I can't believe you're such a good sport. Being sick is not fun. It's nice your mom is reading this. She must be part of what makes you a clever writer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Plague has just infiltrated our home, too. My 6 year old is down; we'll see who escapes.

    My mom doesn't read my blog (she avoids the computer), but she talks about it all the time because other people (my dad, my aunts, my brothers) tell her what I wrote. But somehow, they never get it right.

    I think it's wonderful that your mom enjoys hearing your writing voice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has been a treat to have my family check in on my blog. And now that I've got my mom blogging, everyone has 2 sites to check. I do admit, I think about my mom reading my slices. I think the whole reason my mom blogs is because of posterity for her kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Someone asked me if my daughter minded that I was blogging about her. I am checking in with her just to make sure...I didn't know that many of my posts would be about her and her pets. That's my home life right now. I call my husband my blog stalker. Keep taking care of yourself. This too shall pass!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So special that your mome is reading your posts. I have just copied off several of mine onto Word and placed in a nice binder to give to my mom. My parents are not techy, so I read one to them the other day and they loved it. I think they will enjoy hearing about their grandkids and my thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete